Last Minute Details Last Minute Details
The details of packing and loading your truck are just part of the moving process. If you're making a long-distance move, consider having your car tuned and serviced for the trip. There are several other important arrangements to be made:
- Obtain school transcripts for your children.
- Arrange to stop utilities and services - ie. power, phone etc. (Remember to collect any deposits.)
- Make sure your new utilities and services will be connected when you arrive.
- Give the Post Office a forwarding address.
- Gather all important personal papers and records and keep them with you during the move.
- Send out change-of-address notices to magazines, charge accounts, friends and relatives. If you are a Budget card holder, make sure you let us know too!
- Recruit moving-day help.
- If you have kids, consider hiring a babysitter for moving day.
- Obtain mailing addresses for your family physician and dentist (your new doctors will need these to order your files directly).